Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dad and cardmaking

So Dad seems to have caught the craft bug!  He has been helping me carfting for some time now and has had first official lesson in stamping.  He got all his fingers inky trying different techniques but the one he liked best was heat embossing.  I couldn't take the gun out of his hands for a sec.  Mental note: buy a heat gun and heat resistant mat for pa.


Anyway, here is what we came up with:



 

The backpaper was die cut to shape and heat embossed.  The leaves and stalk were handcut by dad.

We took part in our very first  swap on two peas in a pod this summer and didn't want to spoil the surprise.  I still haven't seen mine but hope to send pictures of them soon.  It's a shame I couldn't get to open the parcel myself.  Love it when Mr. Postie brings me stuff.






No comments: