My first creation this week was inspired by Simon Says Stamp and Show challenging readers to use any Tim Holtz inspired craft work. I couldn't by pass this challenge. I've been inking my papers and my fingers, as often than not I remember to wear my gloves only when it's tool late! I'm enjoying distressing papers and making my own background paper as you can see in this picture:
Tim Holtz Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress Inks
From the Garden by Fancy Pants
Zing Opaque White embossing powder
Sentiment from Gone Fishin' by Clare Curd
Watermark clear ink pad by Top boss
Big Shot Die Cut Machine
Latches original die by Sizzix
- Stamp the flowers with clear ink and emboss using white embossing powder.
- Distress a piece of white cardstock measuring 11 by 11 in Dusty Concord and the edges of an 11.5 by 11.5 in Peeled Paint. For best results use circular motion when distressing.
- Distress a piece of scrap cardstock in Peeled paint and die cut the butterflies and the latch. The latch here was used as a tag. Add metal wire and glitter to the butterflies
- Stamp the sentiment on the tag.
- Assemble everything as shown