Monday, October 13, 2008

PBSC - Thank You


This week I decided to set myself a challenge that of using some of the lovely free papers found with cardmaking magazine. Some of these papers as superlicious but I have never brought myself to use them. Well, here is a card I made for the PBSC weekly challenge asking us to make a Thank You card. I also used a lovely image sent to me after I bought 2 packets of Prima Flowers (My first Primas! - apologies for the pun lol).


Materials:


Black & White Cardstock
Free papers Issue 42 of Simply Cards and Papercrafts
Penny Black Stamp
Alphabeth Stickers
Permanent Markers
Faber Castell watercolours
Pebbles Inc. Shimmering Chalk
Making Memories - Black Brad
Assorted Sakura Gel Pens

Tools:

Sizzix Die Cutting Machine
Sizzix Circle Combo
How to:

  1. Cut a panel from black card stock slightly smaller than card blank. Cut a smaller panel from patterned paper.
  2. Mat the image onto black card stock and colour in using watercolours and chalk. Add accents with gel pens.
  3. Cut the embellishments from paper pack. Die cut the circular embellishment using the circle combo die. Die cut a black frame as well and then assemble as shown.
  4. Place a black ribbon between the patterned paper and the image, hiding the edges beneath the patterned paper.
  5. Assemble as shown.

8 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

great job using up your freebie papers...they are gorgeous and love the image too - beautiful thank you card and thank you for playing along this week
hugs
kath
xxxxx

Murielle said...

Lovely card!!!
Love your marvellous image penny Black.
Hugs, Mumur

Swaantje said...

This is lovely card!
The image is so cute..

Hugs
Swaani

carolann said...

Gorgeous card hun love the image well done xxxxx

Ila said...

Gorgeous card!! I love this PB image and your coloring and papers are lovely!!..Hugs, Ila

CraftyC said...

A lovely card and such a cute image!
Clairex

Shelly said...

Hi! Cute card, I just love Penny Black stamps!

Donna said...

You have some amazing cards on your blog and I'm loving these wee hedgies they are so cute :) Donna x