Once again I made myself grab some of the gorgeous flowers and little pearl brads I have in my stash. What matters if I finish the lot, lol I'll just go on another shopping spree! Its really not difficult to open that new pack of papers of tub of brads if you are happy with the result. I can say that since I started crafting with this philosophy in mind, I realized there was a huge improvement in my cards. At least in the last three I made and mind you - I started embracing this philosophy and adhering to it for the last three days. WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG? Who knows, but I am not going back from where I came from. Let's hope the cards don't too, hehe.
Above you can see the card I made for Friday Sketchers, my first entry for this challenge site. I used matting to accentuate the coloured papers and image. What do you think? Does it work?
Brown and White card stock
Penny Black - Skipping Rope
Black Staz on In
Brown Ink It Up Pigment Ink
See D's - Springtime Swirls - Birthday Sentiment
Retro Floral Papers by Papermania
Silk Reds/Pinks Flowers by Papermania
Pearl Brads Antique by Papermania
Bloom Dots Embossing Folder - Cuttle bug
Water Markers by FibraColour
Assorted watermark pencils - I used Derwent and Faber Castel for the Hedgie
Chalk - Pebbles Inc
- Cut a brown card blank measuring 16 cm by 16cm. Cut a white square measuring 15 by 15 cm. Emboss the latter and chalk with pink.
- Cut strips of patterned paper and brown card stock to matt with slighty bigger than the patterned paper.
- Stamp and colour the image. Then stamp and heat emboss the sentiment.
- Stick and prepare as shown in the second picture. Do not assemble anything as yet.
- Once ready attach the flowers as shown and only then assemble everything.