Those of you who have been following my blog know that for the past two days I made myself use some of the scrumptious papers I have had in my stash. Lol, today I did not feel like cutting into any more lovely paper so I tried to use and abuse of plain white, black and red card stock. Again I used matting to achieve a better effect. After finishing it I realized that had the card blank been a bit bigger and the swirl accents slightly higher the result would have been much better. What do you think?
I followed the sketch provided on the Ismaki blog.
White, black, red card stock
Penny Black - Skipping rope
Black Staz On Ink
Black Ribbon & Silver String
Polka dots daisy layers by Petaloo
Brown Eyelet by American Crafts - Used black permanent to colour it
Alphabeth peel -offs
Paper Trimmer - Scorer, Small Scallops
Sizzix Die Cut Machine
- Cut tall card. Cut a rectangular panel slightly smaller than card and stick to card.
- Cut a black and red panel (I used a scallop trimmer) and another black, red and white panels for the image. Stamp the image on the white panel and colour in.
- Stick a black ribbon to the first panel. Cut another length of ribbon and tie onto the other. Die cut two small tags from white and black cardstock. Trim the white one so as to have a black border showing from underneath. Tie the tag with silver string. Stick sentiment to tag.
- Die cut the word "voyage" and stick using a glue pen. Be careful you have an idea where everything should go before you do this. Die cut swirls and stick in place.
- Stick panels and flower to card.
I am afraid I do not have any stamps related to travel, at least not for now. Maybe will get one soon but I am trying not to spend any more on crafts for now - I have already spent too much in one year ( i'll keep the sum to myself lol cos if I say it out loud I would probably have a heart attack!)