Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wedding Card - Golden Hues



Once again I have been asked to make some wedding cards for a colleague's wedding. For the above card I opted for soft, golden hues which I find very romantic. I have had the background paper for quite some time now but did not feel like cutting into it. It's so pretty. In fact it has been lying in my folder for months now. However, I am glad I have waited up till now as I am quite pleased with the outcome.

Materials:

Chipboard
Cream, Flesh tone Cardboard
Pink Lemonade Collection - Sugar Cookie
Gold leaf
Wedding stamp - Papermania
See D's - Springtime Swirls
Clear Embossing Powder
Ink It Up - Gold Pigment Ink
Papermania Silk flowers - Neutral
Leaf from Local Haberdashery

Tools:

Big Shot
Sizzix - Zig Zag Original Die
Heat Tool
Needle

How To:

  1. Cut the patterned paper to fit the card front. Die Cut the zig zag frame and cover the outer part not the actual frame with gold leaf.
  2. Stamp and colour the wedding couple. Cut out and stick on the flesh tone cardstock.
  3. Emboss the sentiment on cream cardstock, attach to the fleshtone one and cut out. Cut out chipboard slightly bigger than the former and cover with gold leaf. Fix as shown.
  4. Prior to assembling everything prick holes along the edges.
  5. Assemble and decorate with silk flower.
Tip:

Instead of buying chipboard, I recycled thin panettone boxes - its cheaper and eco-friendly!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: