One one of my WOYWW posts (about two weeks ago) I said I'm starting my first Christmas card this year. Yes, that's practically how long it took me to finally finish this card. Oh well, at least now the first hurdle is over. I would also like to enter this for the Papertake Weekly challenge - Three of a Kind. My 3? The stamps - the robin, the ponsietta and the sentiment.
Dots and Stripes Background stamp by Hero Arts
Kraft and white cardstock
Broken China, Peeled Paint and Fired Brick distress inks
Ponsietta by Hobbycraft
Anita's Christmas stamps
Collaged Expressions by Inkadinkadoo
Die Cut Accents by Sizzix
Circle and scallop nesties
Sizzix Big Shot
X-cut corner punch
- Cut and stamp the background on a panel. Trim the edges with the corner punch.
- Die cut two circles from white card stock and transparency. Die a bigger scalloped circle from Kraft and then die cut a circle inside, thus creating a frame.
- Stamp the robin on the white circle and another three times. Trim the latter and use to decoupage. Embellish with snow powder.
- Stick the transparency with double sided tape to the Kraft frame and then add foam pads. Add the beads before removing the protective sheet on the pads. Once ready, assemble as shown.
- Distress some white card stock in green and red. Stamp the ponsietta and the sentiment. Cut and decoupage to taste. Die cut the accents.
- Put everything together as shown in the final picture.