For those of you who are asking where I've disappeared, just know that I am still crafting but have been busy with so much other stuff that I have not uploaded any photos of my cards.
However, here is one I made for a colleague of mine, a sad occasion, admittedly, but even more important to show people that you are there for them.
Pearlescent square card
Hand drawn heart
Decorative accents by Sizzix
Paper flower (recycled)
Silver peel off sentiment
White, black and red acrylic paint
Pink organza ribbon
Silver rope thread (not sure it is the right name :p)
Papermania pink rhinestones
Making Memories slice shimmer papers
Large oval nestabilities
- Cut a panel from brown cardstock and another from green shimmer paper leaving a border showing from each.
- Draw and cut a heart (or use pre cut chip board). Paint it white, sprinkle white glitter on top and cover with another layer of paint. This should give you a ragged rough surface.
- Die cut the accent and cut in half. Mix the three colours close to the flower's shade and paint the accent. Leave to dry or use a heat gun.
- Cut two small holes in the heart and tie the flower with the silver thread. I used a craft knife to thread the ribbon through the holes but be careful to be gentle!
- Die cut the oval, paint the sentiment using white acrylic and stick everything using double sided foam tape.
Hope you like!