I am smitten on Mojo Monday's sketches. I love the clean lines and simplicity of them and the creations of the designers always amaze me. And yes, another Mother's Day card - I don't want to disappoint my colleagues. Last year I had 30 ordered so you can imagine how busy I was. This is one of my favourites - I like the colours and once again I experimented on making some flowers myself as its cheaper. This time I used stamping and cutting but read on to see how I made them.
Sugared - Basic Grey
Cream and Brown Cardstock
Ric Rac - Coffee Papermania
You inspire me - Debbi Moore
From the Garden -Fancy Pants
Pink and Brown Pigment Ink
Swirls - U mount
Sizzix Die Cutting Machine
Trixie Girl Alphabeth Set
- Cut three panels from two different patterned paper and a bookmark sized cream card stock for the front panel.
- Stick the patterned paper and hide the edges with ric rac.
- Die cut the word 'Mum' from brown cardstock and stick on top of the book mark.
- Stamp the sentiment and the swirls. Stamp the bigger flowers with pink ink on a separate card stock and then stamp the brown border flower on top of it. Stamp the smaller flowers and using a tweezer to help you ink the edges. Cut out.
- Stick the flowers on the bookmark with foam tape and assemble everything on card as shown.