Sunday, June 22, 2008

Daring Cardmakers - Quick Makes




The DCM Challenge this week seemed to fit the cards I made on Friday. My cousin is getting married next week and I had to make three cards - for me, my sis and my mother. I was really short of time. The gold wedding card took me about 30 minutes to make whereas the other 15 minutes. I like the gold one best! Hope my cousin liked them.

Gold Card:

Avec gold paper
Gold card blank
Gold ric rac
Papermania silk flowers - neutrals
Gold butterfly pin
White cardstock
Gold Sentiment

Ink it Up - gold pigment ink

How to:

  1. Cut a white and gold paper to fit approx. 1/3 of the card blank. Use gold ric rac to cover the edge.
  2. Assemble a flower with three different colours and use a gold butterfly pin to hold together. Fix to card as shown.
  3. Cut the gold sentiment and a slightly larger rectangular white cardstock and stick as shown to create this wonky effect.
Gold is not my favourite colour and I had this card blank for ages. I am glad by the way it turned out. Finally I strung silver cord and placed two pink hearts at the cord's ends.

7 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Gorgeous cards for the challenge and I do like the gold one - fabulous

Rainbow Lady said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do come back and do one of my challenges new every Thursday
Love Cynthia x

Jeannette said...

Hi Josianne, great cards, I like the gold one too.

Crafting Queen said...

Very stylish cards, your cousin will love them.

Thanks for commenting on mine.

Kreativgeschwafel said...

that's really a wonderful card!

chloe said...

great take on the challenge these cards are very sweet!
thanks so much for visiting my blog!

Dav DiDi said...

Nice .. I like it ... will try to do that ...

thanks for the idea!