I haven't been such a good blogger lately and the above picture shows why! I have been making "some" commissioned cards for my work colleagues! Today I thought I'd give some tips on mass producing cards. Here it goes:
- Do not use complicated and time consuming designs! Try and keep them as simple as possible. Simple cards can still be eye catching.
- Do not make one card at a time. Make a sample one and then make parts of it en masse. For example for the Heartfelt Card I first made a number of circles needed, then the hearts, then the die cut flowers and so on.
- Money saving tip: Try to make your own toppers using things such as stamps, inks and pencils. With these items you can make toppers in quantity.
- Time saving tip: Making toppers can be time consuming so if you prefer to create more cards in a shorter period ready made toppers are the solution.
- If you do sign the cards on the back, do it before you start embellishing the card.
- Attach everything only when you have all the parts of the cards ready.
- Finally, enjoy it. If people commission your cards, it means your work is appreciated!