Sunday, November 24, 2013

Dabbling and dabbing...

I don't have any new cards to show today, but I have been dabbling with my new stash.  How can you resist playing with a Nestie die you've been wanting for years, even if your Sizzix is miles away.  Don't ask me why I never got this before, my priority shopping list always takes second stage when there is a craft sale and I end up buying whatever is on sale rather than what I covet most.

This however, can lead to some serendipitous artistic moments.  Such as this one - my new found love.  Gesso and mixed media techniques applied to cardmaking.  Can't wait to go back home and dabble a little more.  I'm ordering a one litre tub of gesso to take with me.

Materials used:

Liquitex Acrylic Mediums (sample)
Mini Marakesh Template by Crafter's Workshop
Label 1 by Spellbinder's Nestabilities

I couldn't wait to get to my Sizzix and used
the die as a stencil and handcut the cardboard.


How could I have resisted a £1.50 price tag?  I'm already thinking of some fun techniques with watercolours for this particular stencil.  Talking about price tags, the Sizzix Mega Sale 2013 is now on, for any die cutting fans out there.  Santa has already been to town this year and ordered me some nice Sizzix Framelits.  Guess, I've been very, very nice...

No comments: