Wednesday, September 29, 2010

WOYWW


I just realized it took me over a week to create a Christmas card and it's not finished yet. Unfortunately, that's true. It seems I am not in Christmas mood for now. Soon, I'll post it soon. In the meantime I had a commission to finish for tomorrow and as usual I just started this evening, quite late, don't you think?

WOYWW: Some Basic Grey papers this week. It took me ages to find the right combination, so I hope it works.


Many have left me comments, telling me to show my 'real' messy desk. (Why am I using inverted commas, I wonder? It's messy all right.) So today I am showing you a section of a desk I usually hide - loads of tins I use as holders. These are future altering products but I'm not foreseeing any near future. That can of peas will remain so for some time, I guess. I use make up spongers for blending inks (saving money for the real thing.) I filled an ex- sanitizer spritzer, which I bought at a pharmacy, as a water mister (again, saving money to buy the real misters later on - everything in its own time, Josianne. That's what I tell myself, even if my hands itch to spend some more).


In the last picture, you can see two other unfinished projects. Top left is an album I was doing for my sister's birthday which is on 1st October. I have given up on finishing it for this week and the other is the Christmas card of last week.

14 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Some lovely papers on your desk today and can't wait to see those tins altered, even if it isn't some time soon LOL. Have a good evening, Tracy Evans (18).

Helen said...

Lovely space, and all those tins ready to be altered!Great space, thanks for sharing.

nnalorac said...

Love the papers, Oh and love the designer tins!!. nnalorac.x

Twiglet said...

Very pretty paper selection. I love your "make do" attitude to crafting - tins and recycled bottles are fine by me!

Sheila said...

Thanks for the peek of your desk.

Nice assortment of papers.

Annie said...

Will be looking out to see how you alter those tins :-)
A x

Scrapcollectr said...

Good luck with your projects. I read somewhere that the greatest inspiration comes from the deadline. Happy WOYWW
Linky #124

CRAFTY WOMBLE said...

Still not messy.......you should start with slightly disorganised and build up! BTW you have 12 weeks to make the albumn a xmas present instead! sorry

Zue said...

Basic Grey make beautiful papers, don't they. I am all for youe tin can storage.
Sue xx 15

Katie said...

What pretty colors! I can't wait to see what you create with them!

Katie 83

Anonymous said...

I love your homemade storage tins, they'll look great when you alter them! How do you get Recollections brand in Malta?

Hugs
Brenda

oneoff said...

That's a great idea with the storage tins. Like your really zingy paper colours too.

Sunshine Girl said...

I know what you mean about buying things slowly - craft stuff can be soooo expensive can't it! I think those tins look great as they are though (says she who has piles of items exactly the same dotted around the house waiting for that time to come when I will get around to altering them!) its a great desk you have there -thanks for sharing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

There's nothing wrong with using tins to store your supplies. They really DO save money compared to what you pay for storage pieces. Love the paper and the stamps look interesting. I'm not in the C mood yet, either, so I can understand the lack of motivation. Sorry I'm so late getting here this week. Happy really belated WOYWW from #1.