Check out my blog candy here.
I wish, I wish, I wish that my wish comes true.
Can you guess what my wish is? I shouldn't tell but between you and me I just wish I'm chosen for the Basic Grey Challenge DT Call. I love Basic Grey and invested a lot of money in the material. (For hubby's sake, I'd rather use the term invest than splurge) What I need? For the Design Team members to love it enough to take me on. With all the stunning entries so far I know it will be difficult. But I'll keep my fingers crossed till the names are out. If you don't see me online, it will probably be because of cramp in fingers.
I'm also entering this card for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge were we had to use a "Tweet or a flutter" on our cards. Perfect isn't it?
Onto my creation.
Basic Grey Olivia Collection (Stamps, Papers: Ashylyn, Sydney, Kembrie, Amelia and Isabella)
Bazill Kraft cardstock
Black felt pen
Brown ribbon (from Hobby crafts)
Brads from Kaiser crafts
Circle and scallop nesties
Anita's glossy accents
Staz on ink
Die cut machine
Ball embossing tool
- Cut two panels from Kraft and Kembrie paper (6 by 6 pad) and put aside.
- Die cut the scalloped circle from Syndey paper and a circle from white cardstock. Use the same die you cut the white circle from as a stencil. Draw the outer circle and hand cut.
- Draw the branch free hand and add some lines and knots with the felt pen.
- Stamp the bird four times from pink, turqoise, spotted and white Olivia papers. Trim the pink bird and cut out its cheeks. Put the cheeks aside for later. Cut the turqoise bird, snipping off the tail and feathers. Finally, cut out the tummy and the beak. Assemble everything as shown with the pink bird at the bottom, turqoise next. The spotted tummy, beaks and cheeks should come at the end.
- Use the embossing tool to give some dimension to the assembled image.
- Trim three hearts from Ashlyn paper (12 by 12 pack).
- As a last step assemble everything with a ribbon running between the panels and the topper.