Sunday, September 5, 2010

Two Peas in a Pod


A baby card today for the Papertake Weekly Challenge - Just the One. The one element I used is the flower. Also, something new for me is the window opening that can be seen in the second picture. I finally used the Sizzix latches die I got earlier this year and I must say I really like it.

Materials:

Piggy Tales 12" by 12" Scrapbooking Kit
Gold Leaf
Anita's Rhinestones
Green gem stone
Pebbles Inc. Chalk
Skin, Brown card stock
DCVW Rub ons

Tools:

Martha Stewart Scallop Punch
Sizzix Originals Latches die
Sizzix Baby w/Bottle
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Circle Nesties



How to:

  1. Cut a panel from green card and 2 smaller ones from blue and pink card to make the next panel (all from the Piggy Collection).
  2. Die cut three circles with the nesties ( two white circles and one from patterned paper), a scallop circle, the baby with a selection of papers and the latches.
  3. Assemble the baby and use chalk on the cheeks and edges. Add three thin strips of brown cardstock for the hair. I curl them using a scissors.
  4. Apply the gold leaf on the latches.
  5. Apply the rub on on one of the white circles and stick the baby on the other.
  6. Punch the border, distress the edges of all pieces of cardstock and assemble everything as shown.
  7. Embellish with with rhinestones.

The inside of the cardstock should look as below:


2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Fabuloua card Josianne :-) very cute image and the papers and details are perfect :-)
long time no see :-) ,, hope all is well with you and let me know when you will be in Gozo !! :-)

thanks for joining the PTW :-)
luv
Lorraine x x

Peggie said...

Love how this opens. I didn't expect that at all. Cool card.