In my previous post I did mention that I have been making a number of male cards. I also told you that they are not really my favourite make, however, I am very pleased with the one I am showing you today which I would like to submit for the Papertake Weekly digi challenge.
This was made for my little nephew, however its a pity that after I gave it to my dear hubby it completely vanished and my nephew hasn't received it to date. Forgive me Owen! I tried to make it as fun as possible considering its for a young boy. The horse is stuck to a paper clip which can be removed and used as a bookmard (or could have!). Can you guess how I fixed the ribbon without using glue? Read on to see how I did it...
- Cover a tall card with designer paper leaving a small white border showing.
- Cover 1/3 from the left edge with dark blue paper and doodle with lines and dots.
- Die cut a square using the nestabilities and trace the horse image and star onto dark brown cardstock.
- Die cut the flowers and two tiny circles (latter was done with a hole punch/eyelet setter) and assemble the image.
- Once ready, stick the image onto a paper clip. Tie a knot with a black ribbon. Pierce two tiny holes, big enough for craft wire to pass through. Fix craft wire onto the back of the knot and stick the ends in the holes. Fix the wire so that the ribbon is tightly fixed.
- Stamp the sentiment on the square and assemble everything as shown.