Friday, June 26, 2009

Neigh! Its Your Birthday

In my previous post I did mention that I have been making a number of male cards. I also told you that they are not really my favourite make, however, I am very pleased with the one I am showing you today which I would like to submit for the Papertake Weekly digi challenge.

This was made for my little nephew, however its a pity that after I gave it to my dear hubby it completely vanished and my nephew hasn't received it to date. Forgive me Owen! I tried to make it as fun as possible considering its for a young boy. The horse is stuck to a paper clip which can be removed and used as a bookmard (or could have!). Can you guess how I fixed the ribbon without using glue? Read on to see how I did it...

Materials:
The Big One - Temptations by Papermania
White, Brown and Dark Blue Cardstock
White and Black Pen
Black Ribbon.
Collaged Expressions by Inkadinkadoo
Horse Template from PaperCraft Inspirations (downloaded image/also printed)
PaperClip
Tools:
Spring Floral - Cuttlebug Die by Provocraft
Nestabilities - Square
Sizzix Die Cutting Machine
How to:
  1. Cover a tall card with designer paper leaving a small white border showing.
  2. Cover 1/3 from the left edge with dark blue paper and doodle with lines and dots.
  3. Die cut a square using the nestabilities and trace the horse image and star onto dark brown cardstock.
  4. Die cut the flowers and two tiny circles (latter was done with a hole punch/eyelet setter) and assemble the image.
  5. Once ready, stick the image onto a paper clip. Tie a knot with a black ribbon. Pierce two tiny holes, big enough for craft wire to pass through. Fix craft wire onto the back of the knot and stick the ends in the holes. Fix the wire so that the ribbon is tightly fixed.
  6. Stamp the sentiment on the square and assemble everything as shown.

7 comments:

Louise said...

Great card, Josianne. I like the trick with the ribbon and I think the paperclip to make a bookmark is brilliant!!
Thanks for your kind comments, it's always nice to get feedback :)
Louise x

gypsyrose said...

brilliant card, thanks for sharing how you made it, love the idea of making it detachable and the ribbon tip. things to keep in mind for future cards
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog, have a good weekend

Merry said...

Great card...what a shame it has disappeared.

Saskia said...

So sweet and cute! Lovely card!!!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Maria Matter said...

Hi Josianne!
Hope you are doing well!

This is adorable! The paperclip and fixing the ribbon on with wire are brilliant ideas...very inspirational!!
Blessings, Maria

Dawny P said...

Hi Josianne. This is fabulous. I Love that horse image and the paper and all the little details are wonderful. It's a great idea to include project details - I really like that. Thank you for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Riet said...

Beautiful Josianne.

Hugs Riet.x