Happy Easter to everyone out there! I wanted to participate in the MojoMonday contest this week but was afraid my mojo had gone astray. I finally got going this morning and managed to finish my card which I had started on Thursday and put aside unitl this morning. I wanted to take part in the Cute Card Thursday Citrus Challenge but, lo and behold, I'm a week late - silly me. Well, no problem but I am really keeping my fingers crossed for the MojoMonday contest - would love to get my sticky, inky fingers on the Verve Stamps!
I made this card for a colleague who has been feeling poorly lately. The idea behind this card is to bring some sunshine (thus the yellow flower) into his life and I hope it does.
Birthday Collection - Papermania
Silk Flowers - Neutrals - Papermania
Yellow Flower and Rub on sentiment - Local stationary
From the Garden Stamps - Fancy Pants
Brown Ribbon - Hobbycrafts
Sizzix Big Shot
Sizzix Circle Frames - Originals
Woodware Giant Triangle Punch
How To Make Paper Figure:
- Die cut a circle from flesh coloured cardstock and a bigger one from the yellow paper used for one of the panels. (If you do not own a die cutter you can use a compass and a scissors - it works if you have a steady finger).
- Take the yellow circle and cut the inside as shown to create the hair.
- Punch two triangles from white cardstock. Cut a piece from both edges of one of the the triangles to create the hat.
- Cut two tiny strips from orange strips to make the cross.
- Assemble everything as shown.