Can't believe I am posting again this week. I seem to be getting more addicted than ever to the blog world. I couldn't resist not taking part in Friday's Sketchers this week and to be honest I feel the time spent on every card is improving. If I used to spend 4 hours deciding which paper to use (I'm not joking) now I am spending 30 mins. Maybe my ever increasing stash is helping out here - in fact I have promised my DH that I would not buy anything else till summer.
Sure, sure I will try but I am already craving to spend some more - nestabilities, a border puncher, more sizzix dies, designer paper ... I could go on but don't wanna bore you to death with my early Christmas letter to Santa. So here are the details of my card:
Gift of Love - BoBunny papers
White card stock
Pool and Copper - Adirondack Paint Dabbers
Black Staz On Ink
Doodlebug Wedding Icons
Faber Castell Water Colours (for the bell)
Chalk - Pebbles Inc.
Paper Trimmer (Purple Cow)
Die cut machine
Birds embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Circle Frames - Sizzix
- Trim two panels from the double sided paper in order to have one smaller than the other.
- Cut the extra paper from the inside of the bigger panel (thrifty again, lol!) and use it for the third and smaller panel.
- Trim a narrow panel from white cardstock, cutting one edge with a scallop trimmer. Punch holes with the big bite or any paper punch. Cut another extra narrow cut out for the second panel/embellishment.
- Cut a panel from Gifts of Love so that the borders are visible. Stick the sentiment.
- Paint a piece of chipboard with copper paint (I added a dab of red and black to match the colours better). Die cut into the largest circle.
- Cut another circle with a pair of scalloped edged scissors. (Circle drawn with a compass). Chalk and ink the edges for extra definition. Stick the doodlebug image on cardstock for added strength and assemble all three as shown.
- Dab the edges of the designer paper in Pool and fix as in picture.