Sunday, January 25, 2009

Daring Cardmakers and Clare's Weekly Challenge








This weekend I started working on some Valentine Cards. I was inspired by the DCM Challenge where they asked us to use a heart or hearts on the card and Clare Curd's decoupage challenge at Docrafts . I actually used four stamped and heat embossed heart. Although I am not the type who likes ornate stamps, I am quite pleased with the outcome of this card.
Material:
Blank Card
Red and Cream Cardstock
Papermania Ornate Heart PMA 10066
Papermania Ornate Flower PMA 10016
Heat it UP - Sea Foam White and Rainbow Sparkle
Ink it Up - White and Black Pigment Ink
Papermania - Love Collection Kit
Scalloped Scissors
How to:
  1. Cut a 14 by 14 red panel and and 13 by 13 patterned paper. Draw a red circle with a compass and cut using scalloped scissors.
  2. Stamp and heat emboss 4 black hearts on cream card stock.
  3. Stamp and emboss the white ornate flower. Cut a slightly larger red circle following the technique in step 1.
  4. Assemble everything using foam pads.

To top it all of I stamped this great "created by" stamp I got from ebay. It came all the way from Malaysia and I love it.

18 comments:

Lythan said...

What an absolutely beautiful card. I adore it!

Wendi said...

Your card is beautiful very clever way of using the hearts and the stamp finishes it off
Thank you so much for visiting my blog
Wendi x

Bev said...

Oh my goodness, this is stunning! Such gorgeous colours

hugs Bev x

Rosette said...

Lovely card Josianne :0) really cool!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Awesome card Josianne! Love the embossing.
x Natasha x

Paula said...

WOW this card is beautiful.
Paula xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi from someone who lived in Malta too!

Joey said...

Hi, this is so pretty, I love the scalloped edge and the centrepiece is gorgeous. joey xxx

Renee said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love all the detail it very striking!

Renee

Stephanie said...

How clever using the heart stamp to create the flower - the embossing is stuning & I love the background paper - beautiful xxx

Evelina Wikberg said...

Gorgeous card, someone lucky is getting that one!

librariane said...

This is great! I love the layers, textures and color scheme.

Silli said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the image... have a great day... Hugs from Silke

Donna said...

Wow, what a wonderful card and such beautiful colours too :) Donna x

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning, love the classy colours
Hugs Jacqui x

Ila said...

Wow!! this is Gorgeous!!..love the colors and layers!!...Hugs, Ila

SueH said...

This is just stunning.

Lorraine A said...

lovely card josianne, love the colours and the way you made the flower with hearts !! very clever :-)
love the stamp on the back too -)