Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mother's Day Card


Right now I am in the process of making some commissioned cards for Mother's Day. I tried to keep it simple and fresh. I also tried my very first real stitches, I am so proud of myself. My mother had been trying to coax me into sewing for a very long time. Still a long way to go Mum! Maybe we'll get there someday. For now I will post the material

Materials:

Pizzazz papers - Vintage from HOTP
White felt from Craft Planet
Anita's Outline stickers - Mother's Day Silver
Button and Thread - local haberdashery store.

Ink (have to check later on)

How To:

  1. Cut a tall blank card and cut spotted paper to fit the front of the card.
  2. Cut a square felt and flower from striped paper. Top off with a hand cut circle and button to match.
  3. Draw a tag template and cut it out. Cut a patterned paper big enough to cover the edges of the tag as shown. Stick with PVA glue and then add stitches. Use ribbon to attach tag to card.
  4. Attach everything as shown.
TIPS: Do not stretch felt and pass ribbon behind the spotted paper. I rarely attach it directly to the front as I feel it adds texture!

Would love to know what you think!

10 comments:

Ila said...

Gorgeous!! ..love the colors and felt accents...and your stitching looks great!!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful as always! Have a great day! :)

lola said...

hola muy bonita tu tarjeta,visita mi blog

Patty Tanúz said...

Wowowow, linda tarjeta!!! Beautiful card!!! Love flowers!!!

Babydoll said...

Hi!! Thanks for stopping by my place!! I really love your Mum card. The stitches look great! Good luck with your card order. :)

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card, love the way you've made the Mum Embellishment!
Clairexx

Debbie G said...

Beautiful card!!

Scrappermania said...

Great Card!!!!!!

Ana Baird said...

Many thanks for visiting my blog. Your card is gorgeous! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Simple & Nice!