So, I have been working on some cards today, including the DCM challenge card. Unfortunately, I have given my camera to my sister and cannot take any photos at the moment so I am scanning for now. I'll have to wait till tomorrow to upload the DCM card.
Well, today I finished a commissioned Birthday card. I opted for pink and brown which is very trendy at the moment here. I have also experimented a bit with the layout and this is the result. Hope you like it and would appreciate any comments you leave!
PM 41752 8* 8 Retro Floral Colossal Paper Pack
Brown and Pink Cardstock
Stamp pad pigment black from docrafts
Stylized flowers embossing folder - Cuttlebug
Spring Time Swirls Collection, - See D's from docrafts
Clear embossing powder
Pink metallic brads from Pipoos (bought them from Holland!)
Birthday girl stamp from Stampendous
Heat it Up Embossing Kit by docrafts
Brad Setting tool kit
Purple Cow guillotine and edging blade
- Cut a blank card from pink cardstock to measure 19 by 28cm. Fold in half as shown above.
- Cut a brown border of about 4cm, trim inner edges using edging scissors and emboss using the stylized flower folder.
- Cut a square measuring 10 by 10cm from brown cardstock , cut a slightly smaller using the retro papers. Finally, cut a pink square measuring 6 by 6 cm using the edging blade.
- Stamp and emboss sentiment and swirls as shown. Assemble the square panels after setting the brads on the brown card.
- Fix ribbon behind the brown panels using double sided tape.
N.B. This sketch is provided for personal use. Please refrain from entering into contests or use it for publication purposes, otherwise enjoy scrapping.
Thanks for Visiting and hope to see some of you scrappers out there give it a go!